==- Readerror -==
December 17, 2017, 01:32:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register   **

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 01:32:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Netmeter Build for Vista and aboves no monitoring error  (Read 48494 times)
oopepe

« on: April 20, 2010, 07:54:48 PM »

Hello,

due to the fact that Netmeter did not work on my Vista/7 pcs i decided to take a look at the source code.
I quickly found one problem that was causing issues.
In Netmeter theres a hard coded limit for network interfaces (MAX_INTERFACES = 32; in iphlpapi.pas). If your pc has more network adapters then Netmeter crashes. In Vista and above this is very likely the case, because it has many virtual network adapters. So i changed the limit from 32 to 128 and then it worked. Yay :-)
A better way would probably be to dynamically allocate the space for the interfaces, but i dont know how to do this with Delphi...

Theres a size limit for forum attachments so i uploaded it here link removed
Its larger than the official one, but again im new to Delphi and dont know how to make it smaller...

Regards,
oopepe

EDIT: Current Version (1.1.41 Beta by oopepe) download: megaupload download link removed-please look in the download section
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 08:57:33 PM by Carcass77 » Logged
oopepe

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 02:41:18 PM »

I updated my build to dynamically allocate the space required for the interfaces, so theres no hard limit anymore.
I also used the upx tool to compress the binary this time.

The patch against the 1.1.4 Beta release is attached.

You can download the new version here: link removed

EDIT: On my other pc i needed to delete the old netmeter config folder for the new Netmeter to work.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 08:58:23 PM by Carcass77 » Logged
oopepe

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 06:28:59 PM »

I just changed the code again, so theres less memory needed and i marked the version to 1.1.41 Beta (see the about dialog).

I attached my changes as patch against Netmeter 1.1.4 Beta.

You can download the compiled exe here: link removed
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 08:58:35 PM by Carcass77 » Logged
V@no

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 02:02:50 AM »

Thank you very much for keeping this project alive.
I've been forced move to Hoo Net Meter because NM was crashing on my W7 every time I plug in a usb WiFi adapter or a phone...But HNM is lacking some of the NM features, such as on mouse over fade effect - very useful when click through is enabled.

If I may, I'd like to request a few features that I found extremely useful in HNM:
1) ability select more then one adapter, this is how it looks in HNM:

2) make time grid moving with the graph (or maybe let user to chose if they want it be still or not)
3) occasionally NM corrupts .db file (for example at the moment of writing to that file windows crashes), it should create a backup before it writes to the file.

Thank you very much.
oopepe

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 03:50:00 PM »

Hello V@no,

you have some good ideas. Ill see what i can do.
Did you try my new Netmeter build? Does it work for you or do you still get crashes etc..?

Regards,
oopepe
V@no

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 06:33:12 AM »

Yes, I'm running it in parallel with the HNM and so far no crashes, very solid.

Thank you.

P.S.
just remembered another feature I've never seen in any net meters: ability specify scaling for download and upload speeds separately. There are not many ISP (especially cable) that offer same upload and download speeds, usually it's like 3000kbps download and 512kbps upload
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 08:01:50 AM by V@no » Logged
StatingTheObvious

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 11:46:43 PM »

It's nice to see someone doing some more development on this - thanks, oopepe.

I'd love to see this project, including your fixes, be uploaded to sourceforge or some similar site so that it can become a true open-source effort.
ossipetz

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 12:14:48 AM »

hellooo

just stumbled uppon this new version. i have - lets say had - some trouble on win7x64 on some computers. this version works again.

thanks a lot!!  Smiley
Carcass77
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2010, 08:01:44 PM »

Hi oopepe, thanks for continuing development on NetMeter.  Smiley
I uploaded your file (hope it's OK for you), it can now be accessed in the "downloads" section: http://www.metal-machine.de/readerror/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item25
Throttled

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 01:46:00 AM »

Hey Thanks to the Admins for accepting my reg, Also want to say its a great little programe If i knew anything about programming i would get into this and help keep it alive.. Its is a great little tool.

I dont mean to be a pain in the butt.. though these days and here in Australia ISPs are just as much a pain then anything else... lol

Since Australian ISPs do things differently it made me think of a few features that could help the avarage Joe Blow get around the convusion created by these ISPs in Australia,
Things like having an option for on peak and off peak times and the amount downloaded within that time.

Having an option to set a limit for both on peak and off peak times would be great as well as having an alarm for when you almost reach that limit... (for example: having a 150GB download for on peak hours between 7am and 1am and then be able to set an alarm for when i reach sometihng like 130GB giving me enough warning to let me know i have almost reach the limit... and the same thing for the 350GB off peak).

Hey its a great little program and love it, i get two programs running when i start up now, though thats nothing when it does a great job and give you an idea of how much you downloaded and uploaded.

Cheers
Throttled
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 02:12:16 AM by Throttled » Logged
suavi

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2010, 01:30:04 PM »

Manno

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2011, 05:49:42 PM »

There is a problem with the Meter as it keep showing up disregarding the "Hide Meter" option. Has this happened to anybody else in Windows 7?
shh200438

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2012, 02:51:12 AM »

it is very good, can you share the source?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Donate

Feel free to support NetMeter: