==- Readerror -==
November 29, 2014, 09:18:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register   **

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 29, 2014, 09:18:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upload + Download  (Read 3501 times)
David Le Grand

« on: June 16, 2007, 09:52:40 AM »

Hi !
I don't understand why Netmeter display a graph for the sum Upload + Download (in yellow with the standart settings). The effect is that the yellow graph mask the green and the red, the usefull graphs !

And I don't understand why this graph is not always greater than upload and download (U+D > U and > D !).

Displaying separate graphs for upload and dowload will be a very good idea (with ADSL D >> U).

A great soft !

David
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 10:00:37 AM by David Le Grand » Logged
ReadError
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 11:14:06 AM »

It seems that you got something wrong here. NetMeter doesn't add download and upload values together to display it as one graph line. This would make absolutely no sense. The two lines are basically layered one over another and the overlapping part is yellow.

For example: Let's say the red line for download would be 100 pixels high and the green line for upload would be 20 pixels high. In this case NetMeter would show a line that is 100 pixels high. The top 80 pixels would be red and the bottom 20 pixels would be yellow.

I think this kind of graph is very nice and efficient. But as many things in life it's also a matter of taste.

Regards,
ReadError

David Le Grand

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 11:22:50 AM »

Now I understand  Smiley 
But label "Upload + Download" in : Option - Fonts + colors - Colors is very confusing...

Many thanks for this answer !

David
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Donate

Feel free to support NetMeter: