==- Readerror -==
July 31, 2014, 09:35:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register   **

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 09:35:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Uploads not tracking on vista Ultimate  (Read 10738 times)
bltsob

« on: May 20, 2007, 01:16:49 AM »

I have vista ultimate, the download tracker works fine, but it doesnt seem to track any upload data at all.. And i have All adapter selected.. ideas?
ReadError
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 12:11:43 PM »

That's really strange because the program receives both upload and download numbers within one Windows-API call. If one of the values is there i don't know why the other one is missing.
Maybe you can try a different program that uses the IP-Helper API like DU Meter for example. If this program doesn't show upload too then the cause is out of my control.

bltsob

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 09:56:08 PM »

i just downloaded and installed the trial of du meter and its the same thing, it will so my current download speed, but not my upload..

heres a screen cap of it

« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 10:13:06 PM by bltsob » Logged
wir

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 10:42:14 PM »

I don't know these things too well, but perhaps you simply arent uploading, or you should try to update your network card or motherboard drivers.

-This post is for educational purposes only.

bltsob

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 11:14:06 PM »

I don't know these things too well, but perhaps you simply arent uploading, or you should try to update your network card or motherboard drivers.

i took a speedtest at http://speedtest.net/ and it shows the download data going but not the upload data
ReadError
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 07:26:25 PM »

Sorry, but i don't have a clue what causes this. Until now you're the first user that has reported this problem to me.
Unfortunately running an online-speedtest doesn't help me to find the cause. Please download and install a similar program, like DU Meter (http://www.hageltech.com) for example, to see if the problem appears there too.
leon_spooner

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007, 01:02:18 PM »

I'm having the opposite problem - tracking uploads but not downloads.  If I select the particular dial-up connection I get no activity at all.  Downloaded DU Meter & all OK
Britannic

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 06:33:15 PM »

I'm having the opposite problem - tracking uploads but not downloads.  If I select the particular dial-up connection I get no activity at all.  Downloaded DU Meter & all OK

I'm having the exactly the same problem, but I am running Vista Home Premium.
I am using a Zoom USB Modem, Tracking works fine on all other versions of windows running on the same hardware.
Vista is indeed a strange beast!! Roll Eyes

Grumps

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 10:47:52 AM »

Same problem here. My Uploads work but nooo readings for downloads.
Im using a 3G usb modem with a sim card
Running windows Vista Ultimate
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 10:50:37 AM by Grumps » Logged
Sierra

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2007, 08:20:38 PM »

Similar issue here. Vista Home Premium, USB ADSL modem.

Netmeter showing only UL no matter what interface is chosen.

Please help Sad

ps. same problem with DUmeter though.
wir

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2007, 10:31:19 PM »

It's most probably a Vista issue.
That's really strange because the program receives both upload and download numbers within one Windows-API call. If one of the values is there i don't know why the other one is missing.
It sounds like Vista might not be tracking your uploads/downloads.

Perhaps send a support ticket or something to Micro$oft?

-This post is for educational purposes only.

wwww

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2007, 03:10:02 PM »

I had the same issue, just change your network interface to monitor, i had to scroll throw some of them to find the right one.
doggie

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2007, 11:28:03 AM »

Similar issue here. Vista Home Premium, USB ADSL modem.

Netmeter showing only UL no matter what interface is chosen.

Please help Sad

ps. same problem with DUmeter though.

Try going to device manager and update the driver for your Network Adapter controller.   That did the trick for me. 

Btw, I have NVIDIA nforce networking controller. 
remyfasollasido

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2008, 03:59:07 PM »

I'm having the exactly the same problem, but I am running Vista Home Premium.
I am using a Zoom USB Modem, Tracking works fine on all other versions of windows running on the same hardware.
Vista is indeed a strange beast!! Roll Eyes

Idem no DL monitoring with Vista Home Premium and an Olitec PCI V92 modem , using 'All interfaces'
Hoping this new year 2008 will see this behaviour fixed as Netmeter interface is cute & basic !

The updated modem's driver is the Vista one :
'Modem Soft PCI-SV92PP Agere Systems' V2.1.69
the files are 'AGRSM.sys' & 'modem.sys'
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 04:31:33 PM by remyfasollasido » Logged
vaiz

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 05:04:16 PM »

I'm also having this problem, only the upload is tracked - I'm running Vista Premium on my notebook. Also, there is no activity whatsoever from the network icon in my systray. "DU meter" seems to be tracking both UL and DL.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Donate

Feel free to support NetMeter: